Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hi. My name is Sarah, and I am addicted to coupons.

So I have decided that since I no longer have a job with an income (notice I didn't say I no longer work ;)) I would contribute however possible to us saving money. An easy way for that in my opinion is to shop using coupons. I actually made this my New Year's resolution two years ago and I have done really good keeping up with it. Much better than the typical lose weight, stop drinking soda, etc. resolutions I have made before lol! Anyway, to make a long story short I have become friends with a girl who has become my coupon hero. She very often makes trips to the store where she stocks up on stuff and rarely spends more than a couple of dollars. I know of at least one time they had to pay her. No kidding. She is amazing! If you would like to check out her blog, go to dealdetectingdiva. I HIGHLY recommend it. The main way she saves so much is by shopping stores adds and matching coupons up to them. I decided to give this a try this weekend and here is how I did :)

Reusable bags -$.15

Store Promo -$10

Baby Food
Coupon $.75/4 (store doubled to $1 off)
Reg. price $1.00 Sale price $.97
Total spent = $2.92/4 or $.72 ea.

Kraft Products
Coupon $5.00/5
Cream Cheese
Reg. price $1.38 Sale price $.88
Kraft Singles
Reg. price $2.99 Sale price $2.49
x3 cream cheese x2 packs of singles
Total spent = +$.02

Nabisco Crackers
Coupon $1.00/2
Ritz
Reg. price $2.49 Sale price $1.99
Wheat Thins
Reg. price $2.49 Sale price $1.99
x1 of each
Total spent = $2.98/2 or $1.49 ea.

Pizza Rolls
Coupon $.40/3 (store doubled to $.80)
Reg. price $3.29 Sale price $2.79
x3
Total spent = $7.57 or $2.52 ea.

Pop Tarts
Coupon $1.25/3
Reg. price $1.99 Sale price $1.49
x3
Total spent = $3.22 or $1.07 ea.

Easy Mac
Coupon $1/3
Reg price $.99 Sale price $.49
x3
Total spent = $.47 or $.16 ea.

Frozen Veggies
Coupon $.40/2 (store doubled to $.80)
Reg price $1.99 Sale price $1.49
x2
Total spent = $2.18 or $1.09 ea.

TOTAL SPENT OVERALL...
$9.17!!! For ALL of that! I am SO proud of me! LOL!! I love the challenge of this and trying to get everything for as cheap as I can. I am now a crazy coupon lady, and proud of it!!!

2 comments: