Monday, August 16, 2010

Yummy dinner!

I made chicken enchiladas last night. Now, I am the worst at being creative when it comes to cooking. So when I came up with this super-simple recipe while just perusing through my cabinets, I was pretty excited to try it. Mostly because it was a fairly healthy dinner, but something we love all at the same time :)

Here is the break down. I used:

8 low-fat whole wheat tortillas
1 can of chicken in water (I will use something different next time for more flavor)
1 can of Rotel
1 can of black beans
1 can of enchilada sauce

I mixed all the ingredience except for the enchilada sauce in a bowl then spooned the mixture into the tortillas. Then I just wrapped them up and put them in a pan. I poured the enchilada sauce over the top and baked them at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

They were really good! They could have had a little more flavor. Next time I will use some fajita chicken already seasoned in a package that I found in the meat section. But overall, they were really really good! Adam took the leftovers to work for dinner, so if he is eating leftovers they must have been edible :)

Per serving (2 enchiladas, they were pretty good size, too) there were:
470 calories
3g of fat
8g of fiber
15g of protein

The tortillas were by far the biggest culprit for the calories at 130 per tortilla. So if there are any out there that are less, please let me know! Oh, and sorry I didn't get any pictures :)

2 comments:

  1. Totally going to try these! We love anything mexican, and I love a simple recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start cooking more!!! These do sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete