Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Update

I have been SO super busy lately which is why I haven't posted :) And although I love the holidays, which have become even more demanding with marrying into a Jewish family, I am ready for things to calm down after the first of the year. I know some of you would enjoy an update on the kiddos, here you go!

Holland is officially 8 months old today! She is a handful in the best way. Her chubby cheeks, dimples and belly laughs make my day, every day. She is into EVERYTHING, pulling up and just in the past couple of days has started trying to walk holding onto whatever she pulls up on. She loves to torture the dogs, especially Guinness. I almost feel bad for him some times. Almost. She has three teeth and weighs almost 19 pounds, she's my little chunker :) About a week ago she decided to start talking. Of course it's baby talk still, but she now says "baba" and "dada." And she actually says "dada" when she sees Adam and will say "baba" when she wants something to eat. Adam tries so hard to get her to say "mama," but she won't :) Both of my kids said "dada" first and I am perfectly fine with that. She still doesn't sleep through the night. This is something I have learned I need to just accept. She is growing up way way too fast!


Kingston is quickly coming up on 2 1/2 and let me tell you, I cannot wait to get through the terrible twos! He is super tall, I think he hit a growth spurt recently because just looking at him he looks like he has grown, and STILL weighs 28 pounds. I don't think he will ever break 30! LOL! In the past few weeks, his behavior has greatly improved. He has figured out how to listen and follow directions for the most part and he calms himself down with just a little guidance when he starts to throw a fit. They always say that the way you acted when you are a kid will come back to haunt you. My mom reminds me on a regular basis that Kingston could be my twin when it comes to his attitude ;) Lucky me! LOL! On a more positive note, he now is officially in a big boy bed! We set it up over a week ago and he sleeps in it and stays in it until we come to get him. He is doing SO SO good with it. Which was a huge shock to us. But we certainly are grateful! Also, we have started working on potty training. He is doing fabulous with it! We had a rough day yesterday, he refused to go on the potty so he ended up in a diaper, but over all he has blown us away! He has started talking in complete sentences and he cracks us up on a regular basis :) He comes up with the funniest stuff some times! He also has started insisting on doing EVERYTHING himself. Anything he does is "I do it all by myself!" And let me tell you, he absolutely will not accept help when he sets his mind to something. He is such a big boy!


Hopefully things slow down before too long so I can post more often. I really do miss it!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I just love their dimples:) SO SO cute!

    ReplyDelete